여재익 Yoh Jai Ick
- · 1992 BS, Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, UC LA ,
- · 1993~1995 Ph.d Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, UC LA ,
- · 1998~2001 Post Doctor in Univ. of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Department of Theoretical and Applied mechanics
- · 2002~2005 Staff Scientist in Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL)
- · 2005~Present 미국 LLNL 참여교수 (Participating Faculty)
- · 2005~Present Professor, Department of Aerospace Engineering, Seoul National University.
The extreme energy engineering studies energetic materials such as explosive and propellants as well as lasers in high pressure and temperature conditions. Properties of the materials under these extreme conditions are significantly different from those observed under normal atmospheric environment. The processes which a propellant undergoes in a rocket are analyzed and physical phenomenon of explosive combustion process are simulated using our own hydro-code based on thermal-fluid dynamic principles. Experimental research on laser applications in the field of bio-medical, combustion, space exploration, and forensic science is also conducted. The research conducted produces promising results in various fields by establishing the basis of extreme energy principles.