김지환 KIM JI HWAN
- · 1978~1982 Seoul National University, Aeronautical Eng, Bs degree
- · 1982~1984 Seoul National University, Aeronautical Eng, Ms degree
- · 1984~1989 Seoul National University, Aeronautical Eng, Ph. D.
- · 1989~1991 Research Associate, Aerospace Engineering, University of Maryland
- · 1992~Present Professor, Seoul National University, Department of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
The applied mechanics is the core technology for mechanical design where the static and dynamic analyses involving force and deformation are concerned.The research field of the applied mechanics includes the computer simulation of automobiles and human bodies under various crash conditions, the vibration and noise analysis of computer hard drivers and optical pickups, the multiphyiscs analysis of active elements such as piezoceramic elements and multibody dynamics of robot manipulators. Recently, mutliscale simulations involving molecular dynamics and continuum mechanics are researched by the need to predict the stress and the deformation of micro-nano scale systems. In addition to various simulations, in-depth experiments for strain analysis, vibro-acoustic analysis and multibody dynamic analysis are also conducted.